The Congregational Choir is a member-led organization. Here are some of the current leadership opportunities and congregants who have volunteered to fulfill them.
To get involved, just talk with James!
- Assistant directors – TBD
- Music committee chair/members – Shirley Cohen, Vivian Smith, Steve Wechselblatt, …?
- Membership chair – TBD
- Soloists/duets/trios – Sarah Kim Wilde, Vivian Smith, Nancy Silver, …?
- Section Leaders – Vivian Smith (sop), …?
- Music Librarian(s) (ensure we have enough legal copies of the right printed sheet music for everyone at each rehearsal, all well-organized & cataloged) – Ellen Rubenstein Chelmis, …?
- Rehearsal Hosts (help keep us on task, on time, on mission – like a master of ceremonies) – TBD
- Logistics Maven / Business Manager (help keep us organized: coordinate times, dates, outfits, transportation, microphones and sound system availability, any setup needed, etc.) – TBD
- Coaches: rhythm, artistry, presentation (for one song or rehearsal segment, sit in the congregation and give us feedback and coaching) – will vary from rehearsal to rehearsal
- Congregational Advocates – will vary from rehearsal to rehearsal, assigned by the Director
- Communications and Outreach: write and coordinate communications for The Menorah, for Temple announcements, JCC, wider community – TBD