The Music Committee acts on behalf of the congregation, the clergy, and the choir to select and plan the repertoire and performances of the choir.
- Meet in person not less than quarterly to select and plan the repertoire for the upcoming 6-18 months.
- Solicit and consider the ideas of the congregation (through any formal or informal means) and the choir. Consider, in particular, the ideas suggested on the website’s music ideas page.
- Coordinate with the Cantor, and the Rabbi to ensure that the choir’s repertoire and activities best support the religious life of the congregation.
- Coordinate with the Director regarding the pace of new music introduction and the level of difficulty of new pieces.
- Ensure that there is budget to purchase legal copies of the music for each currently active choir member.
- Inform the music librarian of the need to purchase the music, and the desired schedule for making it available.
- Ensure that the schedule of performances/activities feels balanced to the choir. Balance is maintained in the frequency of activities, the intensity of preparation required, the audience (internal/external, big/small).